The following license agreement applies to the source code available on phildow.net and github.com/phildow. It is a fairly liberal BSD style license that allows you to use the source code free of charge modified or unmodified in your free and commercial projects with the following conditions:
- You must attribute the use of the code to Philip Dow / Sprouted.
- You may not use the name of Philip Dow / Sprouted to promote your product.
- You absolve Philip Dow / Sprouted of legal responsibility for any damages arising from the use of the software.
You may purchase a non-attribution license if you are unable or prefer not to use attributed code in your project. See details below.
Text of License
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* Neither the name of the author nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
A non-attribution license permits you to use the purchased software in your project without limitation and without requiring attribution to Philip Dow / Sprouted. The remaining terms of the BSD license continue to apply, with the included condition that you may not resell the source code modified or unmodified.
You may purchase a single product non-attribution license. You must purchase a license for each product in which the source code is used. License rates are outlined below. For payment options and purchasing details, please contact Philip Dow.